Monday, June 26, 2006

The death of mankind

I guess I'm asking for trouble with this post which I dont think will go down well with the feminist types, but .. well it's fun to stir up something once in a while :-)

I was just reading an article on bbc news about the palestinians demanding the release of women and children and I had to ask, why is it that today with everyone campaigning for equality of gender, women are still presumed innocent?

I watch alot of stand-up comedy and I have to admit, I form alot of my opinions (some might call it plagiarism) from there. I don't remember the artist I was watching on feminists but it got me thinking. Women are fighting for every right, from their rights in a family, to rights in the government. From changing mankind to humankind, chairman to chairperson and manhole to personhole.. and hey I have no problems with all that. I believe women should and must stand beside men on equal footing with every right that men have enjoyed for ages. But if you're my wife, and we are on the Titanic, you better be standing next to me when those four old men are playing the violin and singing hymns.

3 comments:

  1. you are absolutely right. if we want to good we have to take the bad with it. what is ridiculous is the inequality of the fight. check this out.


    http://knownturf.blogspot.com/2006/06/women-and-warpath.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bang on target !!! I give you Exhibit A - Madam Jaylalitha !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chk out http://inktales.blogspot.com/

    she carries ur favourite line at the bottom of her page.

    ReplyDelete