Friday, June 08, 2007

DWA - Desis With Attitude

This post isn't about my opinions. It's just about a holiday weekend in May when we went to the beach. I have a group of biker friends, all Indians and we call ourselves Desis With Attitude. (I know a cheap rip off from the NWA) but here we are.


The first guy is .. well missing. Abir didn't come on the trip so we missed the founding member of the group. However, going from left to right

1) Rahul - Always the tail gunner. He's normally a mile behind the rest of the bikers because cops seem to have an affinity towards him. He rides a Ducati Monster, 625.

2) Surya - That's me. I usually ride in the middle of the pack but ever so often I like to break away when I feel the need ... the need for speed :-) That's a Suzuki GSX R 1000 I'm on.

3) Shyam - He talks alot faster than he rides and alot more as well. If you want to be entertained 6 hours straight, he's the man. The newest rider to the group, he got his motorcycle just 2 weeks before the trip. He's rides a Suzuki Boulevard M 109R. The biggest bike in the group (1800 cc).

4) Pradeep - A slightly dangerous and temperamental rider. Hates being passed and normally regains his position by overtaking you in the same lane. Scares the hell out of me when we are averaging 70 - 80 mph. I like his bike it's a Yamaha R1.

5) Srinath - My roommate from college, have known him for 10 years now. He used to drive a 75 cc kinetic honda back then. He's graduated to a Harley v-rod. The safest rider. Doesn't take off his helmet even when he's not moving.

6) Jayakar - The dare devil of the group. Amazing control and confidence while riding. It's always fun when he is leading the formation. He's rides a Suzuki Hayabusa. The fastest production bike on the planet.

There are just so many reasons to ride a motorcycle. While I love cars, motorcycles ooze passion. You can be "one" with a motorcycle in a way that you can never be with a car. Apart from that, it's just such a liberating experience.

But the number one reason to ride -



2 comments:

  1. :) its not the bike or the guitar.. its the sparkilng wit and those dimples. some might say i'm prejudiced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tagged. go get it. i meant sparkling wit...

    ReplyDelete