Thursday, June 21, 2007

What I've learned (??) about women

The age old question "What do women want ?" is something I've asked my self a lot more often since I started dating my fiance. Each time I think I have it nailed down, I realize it's like a video game and I've just graduated to the next stage which turns out to be tougher than the one before. I'm nowhere close to having everything figured out, but I thought I'd list out the things I feel I have discovered over time.

1) She wants me to know what she wants - The most important lesson I've learned. Never get frustrated and say "Why don't you just tell me what you want?". If I have to ask her what she wants then I have failed.

2) I'm doing it because you want it vs. I'm doing it because I want to - This is another absolute no-no. If I'm doing something just because she asked (read: told) me to, I'm in trouble. I better be doing it because I wanted to in the first place. If you haven't seen The Break up, watch it to get your Relationship 101.

Brooke asks Gary to help her do the dishes. He's busy playing video games . Brooke gets upset.
Gary: “Fine, I’ll help you do the damn dishes.”
Brooke: “That’s not what I want. I want you to want to do the dishes.”
Gary: “Why would I want to do dishes?”

3) Women want to forgive - This one I never realized until I watched Riding in cars with boys:
She'll get over it, women want to forgive.
Even a total screw-up, they'll help, It's in their nature.
You just gotta remember, you gotta tell them you need their help.

I promise you I have tried this and it works. No matter what I do, if all else fails, I just need to tell her I need her help and then it's all OK. Let me give you an example: You blew up a bunch of money on a "little boy" fantasy like a sports bike. How do you tell her?

Wrong way:
Honey, I bought a new bike today, it rocks !!

Right way:
Honey, I bought a bike, but now I realise I spent too much money on it. I'm sorry. The next few months are going to be a bit hard. I really need you to stand by me to get through it. Will you ?

Always works :-) Anyway, please pass on any valuable lessons you might have learned. On my part, I will update this list as time goes by.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:22 PM

    Two posts in three days- I guess that's a record for you:)
    It's just gotta be lurrve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Err...does she read this blog? if so you just lost your trump card on #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy..you are so screwed....

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude u just gave me a real good laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay you are tagged adn i know u are busy but just damn well do it.. ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, yeah, the 3rd one does ring true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. brillianttt..! now al i need to do is subtly show my boyfren this page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay now that you are married do you want to add to the gems above?

    ReplyDelete
  9. so your the brother huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:26 AM

    Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:43 AM

    thanks for this kindly tips 147896325

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:02 AM

    I guess you'll want to add a facebook icon to your blog. I just marked down this article, but I must do this by hand. Just my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Anonymous.. As you can tell I haven't blogged in years.. I have added the share icons though, so maybe I'll start blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Solano County's work force and its ability to deliver a comprehensive set of services that you are expecting from them. Well, let me help you come up with a thank-you email the next day off is for Federal employees? Be Your Own BossNo business more taking orders from anyone!

    Feel free to surf to my blog ... www.terhorstnet.nl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:27 AM

    To be honest, it's been the fear of attracting them that's halted my search engine marketing business.
    To make an identity in the internet.

    Take a look at my blog :: search engine optimization guide

    ReplyDelete