Monday, June 18, 2007

Love is….

So I’m getting married this October and all the three of you who read my blog are invited! Now since the time I made this decision, I’ve been asked by family and friends alike, “So how did you decide to get married?”, “What do you guys have in common?”, “What do you like about her the most?” and a host of other questions. After much thought, I’ve come to the conclusion that I really don’t have a clue as to why the two of us decided to get married. The only way to describe us is the way Frank (Phoebe’s brother in “Friends”) does “It's so cool man, it's so, it's just 'cause being with her is so much better than like not being with her.” Maybe in the end that’s what counts.

One day the two of us sat down and tried to list out the things we have in common. It turns out she loves big cities; I’m more of a small town / suburb kind of guy. I love reading, she loves TV. She’s an artist; I can’t draw a straight line. I play the guitar and sing, she can’t hold a note. I’ve been described as being “quietly confident”; she’s got all the bubbly charm of Priety Zinta in Dil Se. How do we get along? Bear with me as I quote Simon Green (Played by Ashton Kutcher) from the move Guess WhoThat's just it; she's everything I'm not. You know, she's my other half. Without her I'm not whole.” Now I’m not sure if I would go as far as to say I’m not whole without her, but we do bring out a different side in each other. A side neither of us knew existed. The fact that we don’t always like the new side we bring out is a story for another post ;-)


So as we go forward, the two of us don’t have all the answers. We know we have our differences. We know it won’t always be easy, but we also know as long as we are together, we’ll be better off than well…. not being together.

15 comments:

  1. Oh great !! Have a wonderful life ahead . Been reading you , but not de-lurked. Now I know why MadMomma is promising meeting a lot of people in October !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:44 AM

    "she's everything I'm not. You know, she's my other half. Without her I'm not whole"

    It's true, you know!

    Best wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww....my ickle brother is in luurrvve :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:17 AM

    opposites attract , so I guess that is what the two of you find in each other. But who would not fall in love with you once they have meet you. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:49 AM

    It all sounds good, Surya.....
    All the best to the both of you!
    ( Yet another reader from MM's blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... what can i say.. i read your post and smiled... right up there behind you december...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:30 PM

    nice post. good luck to you two.
    (p.s. that pic was taken in newport right?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mad Momma - you certainly are driving a lot of traffic to my site.

    Anonymous (1) - Ma?? Is that you?? Only mothers can be this prejudiced :p

    Everyone else thanks for the comments. Anonymous (2), Yes it was taken in Newport.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, congrats on getting married!!

    - one more from the MM-reader list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:54 AM

    Congrats. I was waiting for you to declare it so that I can formally congratulate you!

    Well, all my wife and I have in common is a love for a few restaurants. We decided we have to go there again and again. Might as well go together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Gawd, your fiancee is fat fat fat! I can see the blubber , eeks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know.. I must have been drunk when we met :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the best to both of you :) am here through you star blogger sister MM :)

    Loved your style of writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thambi, CONGRATULATIONS!! Heard from your sister but am using this platform to wish you the very best in life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post.
    Congratulations and Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete